WAKEFIELD COMMUNITY EMERGENCY FUND (WCEF)
WHAT WE DO :
|Provide short-term emergency assistance to families in need in the local community, where the cause of the emergency is beyond the control of the person(s) being assisted.|
WHY WE DO IT:
|To ease the burden of those in need by mobilizing the power of giving in the local community.|
HOW WE DO IT:
· Integrity, accountability, effectiveness and transparency.
HOW TO APPLY
|Cindy Duncan McMillan
TEN GOOD REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD SUPPORT THE WCEF
- 1. The WCEF strives to be an agent of beneficial change in people’s lives in the local community, as well as meet the needs of the moment.
- 2. All funds donated to the WCEF are used by the WCEF and given directly to the point of urgent need.
- 3. The WCEF seeks to reach out to those most in need in our community and does so without discrimination on the basis of need.
- 4. We strive to be transparent and effective.
- 5. The WCEF keeps its administrative costs minimal.
- 6. The fund pays out no money in salaries.(All members are volunteers)
- 7. Although donations are accepted year round, the WCEF seeks business and community support only twice in the year via special events.
- 8. The WCEF provides support to the local community, as a whole.
- 9. You can help people in your own community who need a helping hand.
- 10. Because it could be you.
HOW TO DONATE
Please contact Board members. (see: How to apply).
*To obtain a full list of eligibility criteria, the decision-making process and guidelines, etc.
please contact a Board member.
WCEF Board Members/Membres du Conseil du FSCW:
Barry Schwerdfeger – Andrée Grand-Maître – Cindy Duncan McMillan – Charlie Landreville
p.o. box 284, Wakefield, Québec J0X 3G0/c.p. 284, Wakefield, Québec, J0X 3G0
How we help
The WCEF provides short-term emergency financial assistance to families in need in the community, when the cause of the emergency is beyond the control of the person(s) being assisted.
Our mission is too ease the burden of those in need by mobilizing the power of giving in the local community.
- Respect, dignity and care for one another within and outside the WCEF; and
- Integrity, accountability, effectiveness and transparency.